Ergotherapy offers training for clients who want to train an internal DSE assessor or a Manual Handling trainer.
Ergonomics for Therapists
This course is accredited be the Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors. It is a one day course for therapists including Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, GPs and Massage Therapists who wish to broaden their understanding of ergonomics. It covers the DSE legislation and advice on correct workstation setup, common problems and plenty of tips to give patients with particular work related injuries.
– “Very useful, I learned loads to take back to my practice, a thoroughly enjoyable course, highly recommended”
– “A very practical hands on course, I feel that I have come away with an adequate amount of knowledge to immediately be able to
assess my patients much more effectively in their workplace.”
– “Felt very comfortable with the trainer and his excellent knowledge – he enabled the group to join in and keep focused.”
– “Surprised at how interesting it was. I feel able to advise patients on workstations, and confident about advising companies on ergonomics and approaching them as an
The next course is on 4th February 2012 at the British School of Osteopathy, London. A course in Harrogate, North Yorkshire is planned for later in the year. Please contact David if you are interested in attending.
The one day course can be undertaken at the client site and includes the following elements:
– Understanding the DSE Regulations
– How injuries occur including posture and basic anatomy.
– Correct workstation set up including chair, computer and accessories
– Review of current accessories and chair options.
– Breaks, job rotation and exercise
– Observations skills
– Paperwork and report writing, including follow up schedule.
– Practical – real assessments.
Real workstation assessments will be undertaken in the practical, where the attendees can observe the trainer undertaking assessments
and they can be critiqued undertaking a real assessment. The training is tailored to your particular business.
Manual Handling Trainer
This is a one day course held on the clients site which will allow the attendee to provide basic manual handling training and undertake basic manual handling assessments and implement risk reduction measures.
Please contact David with your requirements or if you have any questions.